Sunday, December 8, 2013

Ice Storms

We are supposed to have a day of sleet, freezing rain and rain in Virginia. It's Sunday and for now, church is on hold for our family. It certainly doesn't mean a day away from God though. Spending time every morning in His word and reflecting on His promises, happens no matter the weather outside. 

I sometimes think that God orchestrates things like ice storms to allow us to slow down and spend quality time, maybe even unplanned time with Him. If we had a normal day today, I'd go to an awesome church service and have family time this afternoon (both good things); now I hope I'm listening as God may reveal His heart in my "forced" slow down. 

What are your plans today? Church?  Shopping? Decorating?  Watching football?  Maybe God's greatest desire is for you to sit at His feet and enjoy His presence. 




No comments:

Post a Comment